Sweet potato pasta in a creamy sweet potato/cauliflower/cheddar sauce, topped with honey-glazed bacon, feta cheese & spring onion. Served with dry mead Jere.
Everyone loves baked sweet potatoes: but did you know that you can enjoy sweet potato pasta as well? Batasta is gluten free, vegan and made of sustainably-grown potatoes. Are you ready to forget about red/green pesto for a day and try pasta a little differently?
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 1 (250g) package of Batasta; sweet potato pasta
Creamy sweet potato sauce:
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 200g of purple/white cauliflower
- 1 garlic clove
- 40g of cheddar
- 1dl of cooking cream
- salt, pepper, smoked paprika, (chili, lemon)
- 4 slices of bacon
- one spoon of flower honey
- 20g of feta cheese
- 1 spring onion
Mead Pairing: Dry Mead Jere
The 3 step process:
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and cauliflower. Place the cubes into a pot, add water so that is just barely covers the veggies. This way, you will get a tasteful potato broth Cook the cubes together with garlic until soft. When cooked, puree it together with its tasty broth until smooth. Add cooking cream, cheddar, a generous amount of salt (otherwise the sauce will be too sweet), pepper, sweet paprika and chili. Cook on low temp. to thicken for about 10 min.
- In the meantime, fry the bacon slices. Set aside and use a cooking brush to cover the crispy slices with honey. Cook Batasta in salted water for 2-3min.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the potato pasta and stir gently. Plate the pasta and decorate with pieces of honey glazed bacon, feta cheese, some spring onion and a few drops of lemon.
Serve with a glass of chilled dry honey wine. This bright, crisp, and fruit-forward mead is the perfect accompaniment to the creamy , sweet and slightly spicy sweet potato pasta that we just made. Enjoy!